Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Wait'll Next Year, Dave!

Congratulations to Jerry Coleman, 2005 Ford C. Frick award winner. He of "Oh, doctor" and "You can hang a star on that one" fame will now be enshrined in Cooperstown, alongside Bob Uecker, Mel Allen, and Red Barber in the broadcasters' wing.

Unfortunately for us Dave Niehaus fans, it's another season of disappointment. Well, maybe this is another sign that the M's will make it to the World Series (being über-optimistic, I know). I mean, really, he's at least a finalist, and I think a bigger honor to him would be to actually be able to call a World Series game or two. Concerned for his health, though, I'm hoping he wins the award sooner rather than later.

Of course, I would not be disappointed at all if, come mid-summer 2010 or so, Niehaus and Edgar are enshrined together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home