Friday, February 11, 2005

RICHIEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?

Just as I was about to spend part of my weekend delving into my first in-depth sabermetric analysis of an M's decision, it crosses the wire that Richie Sexson (the subject of this analysis) was cited for DUI suspicion...

Say it ain't so, Richie!!! (OK, well, actually, don't lie about it)

More details, of course, will follow later. As will my detailed analysis as to why I'm actually happier with the Sexson signing than I would've been if we'd've signed Delgado...

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2005 9:41 PM, Blogger (Deleted user) said...

I'm not too worried about this one. He didn't even blow a .08, so there's really no chance of him getting into too much trouble. It's not like he Punched his pregnant wife or anything like that. Driving buzzed isn't good, but it isn't "Munchausen Hates Him" territory, (like Rafael Furcal or my absolute most-hated athlete of all time, (even more than Jerry Rice!) Leonard Little

No, this is a relatively innocuous incident. I won't say it was OK, but it definitely isn't anything to get me riled up, (like, say, helping your friends make a coke deal, or shooting your chauffeur, then trying to cover it upWhat I am worried about is that PosiPaul is actually changing his mind about Sexson?! What gives? You rated his splash score at what, one? I'll be interested to see what your analysis is now.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like the signing. I don't see him as being any more risk than any other player at this point. Well, maybe just a little, but his upside is more than most other player.

I'd have loved to get Delgado. My ultimate offseason was Delgado & Beltre, but I came around on Sexson pretty quickly. He can slug just as well as Delgado, but with better defense. His average won't be as high, but Delgado was no Ichiro either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home