Saturday, April 07, 2007

Database Updates

A couple of quick things. Not only am I a photographer, but I'm also a web programmer (actually, that's my day job). So, it's natural that I'd blend all these interests together and build some stuff that incorporates all three of my big hobbies. Now all I need to do is figure out some way to incorporate music into them...

Anyway, since I've added my Opening Day photo gallery now (even though I still haven't really tweaked the files like I want to), I needed to update the database where I keep track of players whose pictures I've taken. So, I've updated it this afternoon. Looks like I took the most pictures of Felix (or at least uploaded them to the web). It was also the first time I took pictures of the A's. I added Jason Kendall, Bobby Crosby, Eric Chavez, Nick Swisher, Mike Piazza, and even one or two of Travis Buck.

The second thing I've added is the "Mike Hargrove Decision Tracker" web database. I joked about it on LookoutLanding, but decided it might actually come in handy. So, here it is. It's still a bit buggy, which I hope to fix soon. Initially, I had thoughts of only keeping track of his bad decisions, but I thought that was a little mean, and wanted to see if he could earn SOME credit for making good decisions, too.

Yesterday's actions to get the game cancelled with 1 strike left in the top of the 5th inning in a snow storm earned him a lot of credit in my book. It's sort of ironic that the umpires were so crazy stupid not to call the game a whole lot earlier than they did, that Mike Hargrove, in his general placidity, actually came in to stand up for his team for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home