Friday, March 16, 2007

More than a LOOGY to Me...

Wow, after talking about how little I have to want to write about 'round here, I suddenly have a whole lot to say. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Of course, I started this entry several hours ago, thinking that with no one here at work, I'd be able to sneak in a post -- then a couple of phone calls and e-mails later, I'm suddenly swamped. It must be opposite day...

First off -- with the news of Putz undergoing a precautionary MRI, the "Free George Sherrill" campaign pulls back into action. Since Chris Reitsma is a veteran 'proven' closer, George's rank in the depth chart is probably a little lower in Hargrove's mind than it is in mine. So, get out your blog logins and start makin' some noise...

I didn't comment on my reaction to the commercials. Of course George's is awesome! JJ's slow head turn towards George was a little fakey, and reminded me of a bad acting job I did for a video I co-produced in high school. But, having a rough idea of how many takes it took to make that commercial, it's probably the best of 'em. They're all pretty good, and I can't think of a bad one. One that's slipping under the radar quite a bit, though, is the McLaren commercial. I happen to love jabs at Canada, so I get that one. But what it triggered in me was how much I really, really like McLaren, and would love to see him get a manager's job. Preferably with the M's. There's a longer post in my brain queue, but very soon, this blog will have the addition of "Free John McLaren..." in the subtitle...

A couple of things I'm hoping to write about are Brandon Morrow and the Ichiro dilemma. I've done a lot of thinking of the situations surrounding both of these players. I hope to jot 'em down soon.

Finally, I cropped and uploaded a picture of Felix and Beltre to the Seattle P-I's "My Seattle Pix" section. Since it's all but certain that Felix will be the Opening Day starter, and I just got my tickets in the mail yesterday, I'm hoping to get some better shots of Felix. I'm sure there'll be a lot more people there, as my tickets are further down the third baseline than what I had for that 2-3rds empty Felix Day game last year. We'll see, though, if they let me in with my camera and lens. They almost didn't last year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home