Wednesday, April 04, 2007

That's Two!

Nice to start the '07 campaign by equalling the win total vs. the A's for all of '06. While I'm not expecting a sweep, since, well, Harden's on the mound tonight, they still have to play the game. A few thoughts on the goings-on so far...

1) I still dislike the Morrow decision. I want to see him develop into a starter. But since I got to watch him in Seattle (on TV), his motion is smooth as butter and while he was missing the plate in his debut, he mostly missed low rather than high. I'm curious to see his next appearance -- I suspect it'll be a bit better.

2) Washburn still looks like Washburn -- struggles to get the third out, but somehow manages to throw a lot of pitches and get out of it. Surrenders a few runs, struggles a bit, but somehow seems to keep the M's in it.

3) I've forgotten what it's like to see the M's hit in the clutch. It's made for some good baseball that they've started out the season coming through in the clutch. I hope it continues.

4) My Opening Day photos have been published on my photog site. I filtered through the collection and posted some to my sports photoblog. I've seen the Buhner goosing Bloomquist picture a few other places now, too. Heh.

It's really nice seeing the M's off to a good start and beating the A's. Let's not forget, though, that the A's typically start out slow and catch fire around the All Star Break. It's a loooooong season, but, it's nice to have some baseball that counts. And, it's exciting baseball, too.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 4:31 PM, Blogger Mike L said...

Great pictures! I'm trying to get back into blogging the M's again and the wins are definitely motivating me even more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home