Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Free At Last, Free At Last!!!!

George Sherrill is FREE!!!

I can't put down in words how incredibly excited I am right now. These past four years have been intense, exciting, frustrating, and fun.

No, Mariners Morsels isn't finished. The design will change, sure, as soon as I get home.

But, finally, and officially, the Free George Sherrill campaign declares VICTORY!!!!

Congratulations, George! You deserve it. I just hope Baltimore has enough ninth-inning leads for you to protect.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 10:34 AM, Blogger marc w said...

This is not how I wanted to 'win' but this is still cool.

It's refreshing to see the team I grew up cheering for go down the non-traditional path - to take a flyer on a guy (two guys actually) - and have it pay off big time. Seems like it's such an incredibly edifying thing (hey, you know what? Lefties don't have to be at least 6'5" to be effective. Who knew?), and while they couldn't wring as much benefit as they could've, I'm still glad they got something out of George, just as George clearly got something from the M's.
It's bittersweet, but good on ya George. You're going to make a lot of savvy fantasy owners very happy.


Underdog M's lefties to other team closers: Brian Fuentes (3 time AS), George Sherrill (future AS)... who's next?

 
At 3/22/2008 12:27 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

How 'bout the first underdog righty (Austin)?

Yeah, it's still very bittersweet. Hopefully he'll get opportunities in Baltimore -- even with Adam Jones in the offense, I'm not sure how many 9th-inning leads he'll have to protect.

I'm sure, though, Ortiz and Giambi at the very least are a little more nervous to be facing Baltimore...

 
At 3/22/2008 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to Georgie-Porgie in Baltimore. I read he's earned the closer role--hopefully he'll get more than 10 opportunities to shine... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home