Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Press conference

Olympia, WA.

Newest Mariner Morsels author Marc W met the media today at PostivePark...
"Well first, I'm excited to be here. I think this is a class organization, from management on down, that values a diversity of opinion, that values commenters, and you can really see that in the day-to-day operations of the site.
After talking it over with my family, and with my agent, we decided Mariners Morsels was the best choice. I'm glad to have it done with, and I'm glad to get to work building a winner here."

Asked if his new blog can rise up and challenge divisional heavyweights Lookout Landing and USS Mariner, Mr. W replied, "Obviously, we feel we have something to offer; Paul would never have gotten into this business if it wasn't for the readers. Or George Sherrill. The point is, we like where we're at now, but I'm also impressed with the plan ownership's put together here. This isn't a stand-pat sort of place, and I like that. And let's not forget that hit counts aren't the only way to measure greatness. I mean, Paul's got a picture with a great ML relief pitcher for his troubles. Baseball Prospectus championed Bobby frickin' Kielty for like a year, and I've never seen any of those guys get a picture with him. I respect BP, don't get me wrong, but there's influence, and there's results. Paul's results oriented."

At the end of the conference, this reporter was able to speak with blog owner, Postive Paul. Though trying to maintain a typically positive spin on the acquisition, it soon became apparent that Marc W was not originally in the Morsels' plans: "I thought I was signing that Marc Normandin guy who always comments on LL. W's great though. He'll add....something." Positive Paul was then ushered out of the room through a side door.

2 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Welcome aboard, Marc!

As these two most recent posts show, you're a very welcome addition 'round here. Glad to snag ya up, I am :-)

 
At 2/02/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

Welcome!

Now why weren't you at Fan Fest with us? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home