Sunday, January 22, 2006

Super Seahawks! FanFest, Anyone?

Well, the Seahawks just won the final game on the path to the Super Bowl. Now, I would've been spot on with the score, too, had I given their offense more credit (and Carolina's defense less credit). And, they're facing the Steelers instead of Steely-eyes' team (the Broncos).

Congratulations to the Seahawks! Let's hope you left some mojo in Seattle for the M's. Bring home that trophy now, ya hear!

With the Sonics beating the Suns in double-OT, on a Ray Allen 3-point wooden stake smack dab into their hearts, I was hoping the M's would make a huge move today, to top off the jubilation. But, as of now, nope. Nothing. At least we now know that Jeremy Reed is not going to Boston. That's good news in my book. While I would've liked some pitching help, it wasn't going to happen anyway.

Next weekend is Fan Fest. I'm probably going at least once. Not sure when yet -- have to talk it over with the wife. There's been some talk of an informal gathering -- we can wait in line for hours together for Kenji Johjima's or Felix Hernandez' autograph (or both?). I'll try and figure out what's going on with the wife, and I have to let my brother-in-law know so we can make plans together. With Kenji being there, the lines should be long by 7 a.m. -- meaning I'll likely be there by 5 or 6 a.m. on the day I do go. I realize that's waaaay early, but seriously, that's probably the only way you'll have a decent chance at Kenji's autograph. It's actually quite fun to hang out there that early -- specially if there's more than two of us. I'll have a better keyboard so I can blog a bit, and I'll probably also bring a book. I'll definitely dress warmly.

But I know for sure what I'm doing two weeks from now. Super Bowl Extra Large, baby! Seahawks over the Steelers 28-17.

3 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

I have this gut feeling that says the Steelers will win the Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, Fan Fest! Wait, 7am? Ummm... you're kidding, right?

 
At 1/23/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Funny, my gut feeling says the Seahawks will win. Big. It's going to be a well-fought game no matter what, though.

It looks like I'll be going Saturday for sure, and Sunday's also a possibility, depending on how successful my wife is at beating the cold she's coming down with.

As I reported last year, by 8:30 a.m. (i.e. 90 min. before the gates opened) the line to get in made its way around the corner all the way to the tracks. Even with the town being hung over with jubilation over the team across the street, with Kenji Johjima and Felix Hernandez being there, the line will probably form extra early. If indeed Johjima's signing during the early shift (i.e. 10:30 or 12:30), you can bet that the autograph vouchers will have disappeared by the folks in line before 8:00.

 
At 1/26/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Snave said...

As good a coach as Bill Cowher is, the mere sight of his macho countenance makes my blood boil. The fact that Seattle is in the big game will make it easier to digest the every-minute-or-so shot of Cowher looking studly on the sidelines. I'm not sure anyone is going to beat the Steelers at this point, but if anyone is, it's Seattle. I will be an optimist and say we'll see a 31-28 Seattle win!

Also glad Reed isn't going to Boston. I'm not sure Bronson Arroyo would be any better than Meche or Pineiro, really. I like the rotation with the addition of Washburn (unspectacular but steady) and a full season of Felix. Lawton and Everett might help at the plate, and I think Johjima will give us more than our catchers did last year. I think Reed, Lopez and Betancourt are going to make strides at the plate, and that they will play good defense. I also think both Beltre and Sexson will have good seasons, not that both will suck or that one will be up and the other down. I'm thinking 85 wins could be a very reasonable expectation for this team. And that translates into possible contention, and finishing ahead of one of the division's other three teams!

Only 20 days until pitchers and catchers report!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home