Friday, May 20, 2005

Another Day, Another Blog...

In my 4th (!) attempt at blogging, I have decided not to fly solo. I've joined up with this excellent duo of PositivePaul and Munchausen, and someone named Citizen K (?). This will be easier for me as I won't feel pressured to post every day, rather, I will post only as ideas come to mind. I have really liked what this blog has had to offer in the past; it's usually quite interesting. I hope to help continue this excellent tradition. It is great to have a place to express my thoughts, pressure free. I promise to show my best work on this site, and I certainly thank PositivePaul for this oppurtunity. Now, if USSM would be so kind as to add a link, that'd be greatly appreciated by all of us, I am sure.

Needless to say that I want George Sherrill back in the bigs, no matter what the cost. I hear the Cubs are looking for a closer. The Braves need some relief help. I say give him to them, if they'll put him in the majors. Sherrill has nothing more to contribute at the AAA level. He's been dominant. He is ready to help a major league team and the Seattle Mariners should not be so selfish as to hold on to this young man you clearly deserves a chance to become a bullpen fixture. One's "Tacoma Shuttle" (guy who comes up, serves some mopup duty for a week and goes back down) rider role should be littered with AAAA pitchers, such as Damian Moss, not actual pitchers that can contribute, such as Mr. Sherrill.

Also, slightly off topic- I was at a store today, and I got change back from my $20. 17 dollars in change. Now. One of the $1 dollar bills was a 1957 Silver Certificate. These things are selling for $20 on ebay. How I got lucky enough to run into one is beyond me, but today must be my lucky day.

I have edited this post 7 times. How I love having an "edit" button.

Ah, but I have an editing button, too :-) I won't fight you over it, though -- PositivePaul

It's either that or this'd be about 6-7 different posts. --DJC

And don't forget the "In 6-7 word increments" part ;-)

2 Comments:

At 5/20/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Welcome aboard, Corco and thanks for joining us! I've laughed at you and with you on many an occasion, so I figured you'd be a good fit around these parts.

You will most certainly be a great addition to this blog, and I'm thankful for the support in keeping this thing afloat.

I'll have a post very soon updating everyone with the status of this blog, but quite obviously I've made the decision to continue. I've invited a few other folks to help the-blogger-soon-to-be-formerly-known-as-"Munchausen" (now known as "Citizen K") and I breathe some life into this blog. I'm really hoping to add some diversity, and it looks like that's going to happen.

That said, I agree -- George Sherrill could close in the bigs. How can you ignore 23 Ks in 17.2 IP (against 5 BBs, too)? Again, this is the subject of another future post.

Everyone say "Welcome Back" to DJC, and please, be nice to him! He gets enough "abuse" over at USS Mariner :-)

 
At 5/26/2005 10:14 PM, Blogger DMZ said...

Probably too late, but USSM has linked here before. The issue is that I'm zealous about trimming dead sites, so it's been linked and then un-linked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home