Monday, May 09, 2005

So, Chicken Little, About that Sky...

Considering the tough schedule we're faced with in May, I'm not surprised it took us over a week to finally get a victory. I'm also not surprised that it came on the shoulders of our two big free agent bats. This team's offense lives and dies on the shoulders of Beltre and Sexson. Ichiro and Randy Reed (or Jeremy Winn, if you prefer) will be on base their fair share of the time. The 8th and 9th hitters (Wilson Wilson (before the torn ACL), Willy Olivo, Wiki Bloomquist, Miguel Valdez, Wilson Olivo, Wilson Gonzalez, or whatever combo you want to throw out there) will not.

Sure, Wiki had a great offensive game in his M's debut (hard to believe that he's been with the team this long, but hasn't played in an MLB game, but it's true), but how long will that last. Not long, according to the PECOTA predictions. Of course, it appears that Mike Hargrove has picked up on that "Bloomquist hit .400 in his first month" feeling, as he appears ready to start Wiki all week. Were I Miguel Olivo, I'd really be afraid.

I finally made it to Cheney this season. At least I've gotten a head start on it this year -- I didn't make it to a game until July last season. If time permits (which it hasn't lately), I'll add more on this game later. Unfortunately, work is actually piling up again, and blogging time both here and at home is limited. That's probably a good thing, as this is much less important than work and family. I'm discovering this slowly, and the absence of a recent post from the much more interesting writer Munchausen, confirms that he's discovered this fully and completely. Kudos to him.

Which actually gets me to another point. I'm at a crossroads. I'm really having to decide whether or not I want to keep feeding this animal. The financial burden is obviously quite low, but the emotional and time committment is proving to be quite expensive. I know there are a few people who check to see if we've written anything interesting here -- perhaps a slightly different perspective from the other 999,999 M's blogs in existence. However, I'm really debating whether or not to continue this adventure.

I'll let you decide.

3 Comments:

At 5/11/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Terrence O'Leary said...

Keep going!

 
At 5/12/2005 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the title of the message supposed to be Thornton asking Bavasi about his status???

Keep it going, fellas. Let me know if I can help in any way.

 
At 5/13/2005 8:57 AM, Blogger Mariner Optimist said...

Paul,

If you ever give up this blog, but still want a blog to post on, you are welcome to join me over at Mariner Optimist. That is one of the reason the bigger blogs have multiple writers, is that its hard to commit to content day in and day out...

Send me email to marineroptimist@hotmail.com if you are interested, and keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home