Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hot off the Presses!

Breaking news just posted on USSM by Corco -- Wilson Valdez is gone! We got a 2-for-1 deal, even!!!

I guess he probably played rock-paper-scissors with Ramon Santiago and remebered Jim Gaffigan's strategy.

Kudos to Bavasi to actually getting something, however useful, for someone we got for nothing. Of course, it's another secret handshake deal with the Padres. Now go get us something for Spiezio, Thornton, Villone, Sele, Nelson, Dobbs, and Bloomquist.

6 Comments:

At 6/09/2005 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this making Morse our full time shortstop guy now?

 
At 6/09/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Mike L said...

I am impressed. 2 homosapians for Valdez.

 
At 6/09/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Moira -- at least until Lopez is healthy. They might give Lopez another shot at SS, but I assume they want to keep him tagged as Boone's replacement. I'm really curious as to who will play short NEXT year. I doubt Morse will cut it, but he may surprise us all.

 
At 6/09/2005 6:13 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

Dagwood Bumstead! That's way more than I thought we could get for that fellow!

 
At 6/09/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Amen 'Dat, DJC!!!

 
At 6/09/2005 6:16 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

I just want him to get up to the major leagues so I can say that we have a player named Bumstead on the team! I'll bring sandwiches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home