Monday, November 29, 2004

In the Market for a Catcher???

It's official: Another catcher signing that makes you go "Huh?"

A top defensive catcher, Miller had one error in 751 total chances. He also has the second-highest fielding percentage in major league history for catchers with 600 or more games, trailing only Seattle's Dan Wilson.
Great. So now there's tangible statistics that can show how to justify giving Dan Wilson handfuls of money because Wilson is a better defensive catcher than Miller. I love Dan Wilson, and see him as a huge asset to this team, but I want him to recieve fair wages. Anything more than $1 million per is overpayment in my book...

My vote: Let Wilson go and give 3 years with 2 options to Varitek. Get a REAL catcher that can hit. I'd MUCH rather have someone of Varitek's stature molding Olivo than someone of Wilson's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home