Friday, November 19, 2004

Recent News, and a Call to Action...

Jim Caple, over at ESPN's Page 2, uses the power of the pixel to cast his vote for Dave Niehaus as the next Ford Frick award winner. Exercise your American-born right, and vote for Niehaus, too. And return tomorrow and vote again!

Larry Stone over at the Seattle Times, reports that Corey Koskie expects to receive an offer from the M's. Before you go and lambast the messenger, stop, look, and listen. Larry Stone and Bob Finnigan are the wrong guys to target. In the press, Art Thiel, John Levesque, and Steve Kelley are. An even better target is the M's e-mail. And, if you're a season ticket holder, you definitely have a louder voice than anyone. Here's the e-mail I just sent to the M's on Koskie:

I know you guys pay about 1/100th of an atom's circumference attention to fan e-mail like mine, especially when it comes to decision making on the roster. However, in the off-chance that someone important actually reads this, and to exercise my democratic right of free speech, I'm writing this e-mail.

The M's should not go after Koskie. Period. If third base is a position where we're looking for power production, there are very few options out there, and Koskie is not a power hitter. If we're not even close to being able to sign Adrian Beltre, and since Vinny Castilla signed with the former Expos, I'd much rather see the M's BURN the money you would spend on Koskie than actually signing him. If Beltre is not going to come here for whatever reason, then keep what we have at third. Don't spend any more money on mediocre players there. PLEASE!!! Get an upper-tier player (Beltre) or no one at all. Move Lopez there and go after an upper-tier SS like Nomar. You already have a mediocre lefty signed to play third, too, in Spiezio. Signing Koskie would just add to the fans' pain of signing Spiezio, and would not fix the problem.

Thanks for listening, if you even do.

So, get off your duffs and get your fingers typing!!!

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2004 7:46 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

I've been asked why I omitted Glaus' name from my e-mail. I actually did it on purpose. Due to the nature of his injury, I'm very concerned about his ability to throw the ball across the diamond. Unlike Sexson, however, he has shown that he's at least healty enough to hit again, and that he still can hit with power. I think he'd still be a good fit for this team, but as either a DH or a 1B option. I'm not entirely interested in him at third, but I'd take a risk with him at third over going after Koskie. I'd much rather let Spiezio, Bloomquist, Dobbs and Leone battle it out in the Spring than to spend millions on Koskie. I'd be OK doling a few million out to Glaus, provided he passes a physical and a defensive workout. I would not be okay with giving Koskie what he wants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home