Monday, November 15, 2004

A New Curse in Town?

There's a nice piece in the Sunday Times about A-Rod and his memories of the 2004 ALCS. The last line pretty much sums it all up:

The fact that I haven't won a championship bothers me... Until I do, I will not sleep or be comfortable with my career.

Well, A-Rod, you better go get some sleeping pills, or take some sleeping advice from Rip Van Winkle. The Yankees can continue to go out and buy the best players money can buy, but will they ever be able to gel as a team and do what it takes to even get to the World Series again? It might be, say, 80-something years from now. You'd be 109 if you lived that long (and considering that a lack of sleep tends to break people down physically, that's a long shot).

From all appearances, the curse has been shifted from Boston to the Yankees.

Way to go, Slap-Rod!

3 Comments:

At 11/16/2004 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blogger World Positive Paul! Are you the same Positive Paul that has called in on talk radio?

Have fun,

Monk Mojo

 
At 11/16/2004 11:52 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Although I have spoken with KJR on several occaisions, I haven't used my blog moniker PositivePaul. This is truly a coincidence, and not intentional in any way...

 
At 11/17/2004 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification, and again welcome and have fun!

Monk Mojo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home