Thursday, October 06, 2005

Intermission.

I just want to take a quick commercial break between my thoughts on what the M's have, need, and where to find it. I want to give a quick shout out to three totally sweet blogs that I've started reading on a more consistent basis. Of course, since this blog is basically crumbs on the floor of the M's blogosphere, you're probably already aware of them, but in case you haven't read them (or even if you have), I'd like to give them my full endorsement. All of these places are most excellent diversions from the Seattle dailies, especially while Finnegan, Kelley, Moore and Levesque are still writing about M's baseball.

Seattle Marinerds
Deanna has totally established herself as the M's version of Batgirl. You'll find a wide variety of things to entertain you, including Song Parodies, In-depth Game Reports (from someone who was actually there most of the time!) , and even pictures. We'll forgive her for being a Phillies fan (not that there's really anything wrong with that -- though my favorite NL team is the Cardinals), but it's totally cool having the male-dominated M's blogosphere represented from the female perspective, and from a self-professed Nerd (of which I totally can relate).

Nice Guys Finish Third
Paul's been a-bloggin for a long time, and he updates his site very frequently with excellent, well-thought-out ideas. Nevermind that he slightly rips off his blog name from one of my all time favorite people in baseball, ever: Leo Durocher. I'm completely sold on that idea, and I always have been. Like my mateys over at Sports & Bremertonians, he's also a HUGE Almost Live! fan. Did I mention his cool first name ;-)

Detect-O-Vision
Two words: Brilliance! (okay, so that's just one word -- that blog, and Dr. Detecto doesn't need another)

--------------------------------

With that said, I'm still collecting info, formulating thoughts, and looking for time (especially since I've been flying solo all week, throwing my schedule completely out of whack) to finish my discussion here. I'll try to wrap things up shortly. Grrr.

1 Comments:

At 10/06/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

Oh, wow. Thanks! Now I feel even worse about the Chris Carpenter typo!

I agree about NGFT, even though I like nice guys. :) Detecto is awfully new, isn't he? I should go check it out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home