Sunday, September 18, 2005

What to Do, What to Do (Part 2a)!?!?!?!??!??

Okay, so I've taken a stab at what players I believe will still be around next season, and the likelihood of them remaining with the team. For Part 2, I'd like to take a stab at what I believe will happen with these players -- looking only at those players who I believe are more likely than not to stay with the team. Part 2a, here first, will address the offense.

For the offense, I'll use some counting stats and some rate stats. I'm not smart enough to get into VORP or other stuff, so I'll just look at the stuff that most everyday, ESPN-reading-level baseball fans can relate to. The last column is an overall rating with the player in comparison with their 2005 season.

Edit: I've spent several hours trying to format this to work in Blogger, but it's not working. Ugh. I HATE, HATE, HATE Blogger! Please forgive this mess below. I really wanted to get this out in a timely fashion -- normally I'd not put something so sloppy out, but I'm losing my cohesive thoughtfulness, and I'd rather get that down and put that out, than spend many more hours fighting Blogger. I'll try to get this out soon either in PDF or a link to another HTML page that I have much more control over...

Well, I've cleaned this up a little bit, and saved it to a REAL HTML file, which can be found here (turn off, temporarily, pop-up blockers if it doesn't open).

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are positive. You think every player will either equal their perfomance or improve.

 
At 9/30/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

I haven't got to the pitchers yet, Josh. I'm working on that right now, and will definitely have a list of guys who will decline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home