Monday, August 15, 2005

A Little Housekeeping...

After spending an hour or so building my new blog, I decided to make some tweaks to The Morsels since I was doing them for the other blog anyway.

After much debate, I've finally decided to create a "Links" section. I added links to other blogs we author, and Corco and CK can add any others I'm unaware of. I also added an "Editors' Picks" section for M's blog links I look at every day. Of course Corco and CK are free to edit the template to add their own. I don't want to go into a "Hey, can you link us!" thing, since that can get really hard to manage. Besides, it's not like this site gets a lot of traffic, and I seriously doubt it's anyone's first tab in Firefox. If it is, and you're really into M's baseball, you should be like me and have your first tab point to LookoutLanding. As long as you're linked somewhere up in the M's blogosphere chain (USS Mariner, LookoutLanding, PI M's Blog), you should be just fine with traffic. Add your link to your comments, too. As Dave and Derek so graciously pounded in me when I evidently hijacked comment threads at USSM -- if you have something really cool to say and people want to read more, they'll click the link on your name. It's a bit more difficult with Blogger, but I do it all the time myself.

Not sure when I'll get around to launching my home-brewed blogging app. I'm soon to be three versions behind in Dreamweaver at home now, so it's really getting hard to build cool stuff with tools that are rusty and dull. And then there's that whole time thing. And the money for hosting on a new server. I've got cheap hosting available that could handle the traffic, so that's really not too much of an issue. I could launch a new domain for this blog for under $100 for the first year, and then $49 a year beyond that. But dealing with the pains of Blogger right now are worth the extra $100 in my pocket for now. I'm still tempted, though, to have a Mariners Morsels basket auction (oooh -- Greg Dobbs/Matt Thornton autographed baseball), with proceeds dedicated to paying for non-Blogger hosting.

Anyway, I'm hoping Corco and CK take a little time to add their personal touch to this blog.

3 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Mike L said...

Nice! Mariner Magic made the editor's picks. We appreciate it!

 
At 8/27/2005 2:19 AM, Blogger Bloof said...

Hey, I appreciate the link to 12 Seahawks Street. I returned the favor.

Also, remember the door is always open to contributorship, even part time...

Great stuff, guys!

 
At 8/27/2005 2:20 AM, Blogger Bloof said...

I also love the Lame List... That is too much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home