Thursday, July 28, 2005

Is it Just Me? 7/28/05

Okay, so I'm going to try and redirect this whole "What the F**K?!?!" thing a little. Instead, I'll approach it from a slightly different perspective. Introducing the "Is it Just Me?!?" discussion. Without further adieu...

Is it Just Me, or:
  • Should reporters stop asking Jamie Moyer, in a nutshell, if he's OK with being traded to a potential World Series contender? Yes -- he wants to play in the World Series. Name one player who doesn't. Even if he has given his super-secret, double-pinky-swear approval to Bill Bavasi to trade him to a list of teams, that info will not and should not be divulged. Just leave Jamie alone about the whole trade thing.
  • Does the whole Scott Spiezio situation make you want to take some Prozac? He lost his wife, he (essentially) lost his job, he lost his gig. I'm sure Scott's a decent dude. Just because Bavasi gave him a few more million than he probably deserved isn't reason enough for him to have a total collapse. Did he sell his soul to Elizabeth Hurley to get that hit in the 2002 World Series?
  • Do the current Everett Aquasox uniforms look sweet? Especially with Jeff "no, I'm not Jason Bateman" Clement in them? I'm glad we got him signed, and I'm happy he got a hit in his first pro at-bat. He's got skills. And I'm not talking about sweet bikes, moustaches, and the ability to hook up with chicks.
  • Added 10:30 a.m. Has any concern about Richie Sexson's shoulder (knock on wood, stroke a lucky rabbit's foot, avoid black cats and ladders) completely disappeared? Not trying to jinx it, but had I not just thought about that, I might've otherwise completely forgotten. I still don't like the contract, nor am I a huge Richie Sexson fan, but it's still nice to finally have some legitimate power in the lineup.

5 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

I like this format a lot better. Extensive use of the F-bomb takes away from the credibility of the blog (how was that for uptight?!)

 
At 7/28/2005 12:34 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

I was feeling the same way, Corco. My wife (even though I doubt she reads this blog) was furling her eyebrows at me when discussing future "WTF" posts.

Since when, though, did this blog have any credibility :-)

 
At 7/28/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

CK -- I know you abstain from movies and all, but you really should find a way to watch Napoleon Dynamite. It's one of those culture flix that absolutely must be seen, especially by someone who lives so close to Idaho. It's one of those rare non-cartoon movies that's palatable and even somewhat funny for my 3-year-old.

And, it may not be clear in my post, but Jeff Clement very well may have the skills mentioned (except a moustache, of course). I'm sure does just fine with chicks.

 
At 7/28/2005 6:35 PM, Blogger Mike L said...

You guys are just like us at Mariner Magic-only talking to each other. Gotta love it.

What is the deal with those AquaSox unis anyway?

I remember going to Everett Giants game and there was that old guy who would speed walk around the bases and race kids. I wonder if they still do that. I also remember a guy named Steve Hosey who tore it and then he had a Future Stars or something card come out.

 
At 7/28/2005 7:53 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

You'd be surprised how much Napoleon Dynamite is an actual representation of Idaho. Me, I look like Kip, with a full head of hair and no facial hair, and I walk around in Napoleon-esque velcro boots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home