Thursday, October 19, 2006

Heee's Baaaaack!

No, it's really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But one thing that I'm actually a bit excited about is the return of John McLaren as the M's bench coach. I've always been a fan of McLaren, and have always felt he'd make a good manager. If the statheads haven't quite figured out how to evaluate managers, then they're even further away from being able to rate bench coaches. So, there's still quite a bit of room for subjective evaluation, and my subjective evaluation of McLaren is that he's got a great baseball mind (so I've heard) and that he was another really good balance against Mt. St. Piniella. He knows this organization, and has been one of the good ones from everything I know about bench coaches, and McLaren in particular.

Welcome back, John! Here's to hopin' Hargrove gets kicked out of a lot of games this year so you can get some managerial experience.

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

This is all my fault for writing him into that song, isn't it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home