Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Doomsday 6-6-06?

Lots going on today. The Twins are in town and the rematch of the Royal Rumble will take place on Royal Brougham. Felix vs. Liriano Take II.

In a couple of hours, the M's will have a new pitcher. I think it's a foregone conclusion that the M's will use their #5 overall pick for a pitcher, anyway... We don't know which one yet, but latest rumors have both Lincecum and Miller possibly falling to where the M's select (and beyond). I've read a lot about the draft, but I still can't say I'm knowledgable enough to know who the best player for the M's are. Every one of the top 5-10 pitchers discussed on the blogs seem to be at least somewhat appealing. I'd like to hope that the kid we draft today at #5 could be ready to go in a year or two and would be around for a long time. Or, like Langston, net us a decent cache of players who will help us win playoff games (if not championships).

If indeed both Lincecum and Miller fall to the M's and they select neither, I'm going to be quite disappointed. One thing's for sure, though. I seriously doubt that will happen.

Being 6/6/6, I suppose, there's all kinds of things that could happen today. Satan worshippers everywhere have probably already performed their midnight ritualistic sacrifices. Whatever's your thing, I suppose. Not something I'm interested in, that's for sure.

As a result of the extra attention on beelzebub/lucifer/the beast/whatever, I'm wondering if any of the following will happen:

1) Jeremy Reed will actually get to start tonight against the lefty. Bloomquist's been starting a lot, so he needs some rest.

2) Felix will not surrender a home run. Nor will he throw a ton of first pitch fastballs. Sure it was the Royals, but IIRC, they pointed out on the post game show that he threw a lot of off-speed stuff early.

3) Eddie Guardado will get a hot foot. With his old mateys hangin' out in the visitor's clubhouse, it'll be interesting to see what sort of pranks are played on him. Especially since the Twins had an extra day to plot and ploy, having arrived yesterday.

That's a few things. I wonder if there's any other oddities that we could attribute to someone selling their soul to satan today. Got any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home