Monday, May 22, 2006

Momentum...

Wow. That's a little better. Sweepage. Taking a series from a completely hot team (as we did against the White Sox). So we're stopping teams that are hot, and being the soothing remedy for teams that are pukin' their guts out. Whatever. We've pretty much accepted 'round here that the cosmos definitely has tons of chaos.

Corey Brock (one of the better MLB writers, yay -- they finally hired a good one) gives us a little info on George:

Sherrill has retired 10 of the last 13 right-handed batters he's faced. Two of those batters have reached base on walks while another reached on an error.
Now, I don't know about you, but the fact that George is a) being allowed to face righties and b) starting to get a lot more comfortable against 'em is really, really comforting. He outright made Vlad Guerrero look silly last week, something that is quite difficult to do.

Hey -- Deanna got a great shot. I'll pilfer some of her bandwidth (why she didn't just pilfer Blogger's free stuff, I'm not exactly sure) and post it here:



No, George, thumbs up to you, man!

The "Free George Sherrill" campaign is trekkin' right along...

2 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Snave said...

I think the Padres are a slightly better than average team, but yes, they certainly have been hot the last couple of weeks. Good job, M's! I hope the team isn't just teasing us. We have a chance to get even closer to .500 with some home games coming up against Baltimore! And we are only 3 games out of first place!

George is definitely doing a great job. So are Putz and Soriano. Anyone else besides me think the Mariners ought to be shopping Eddie? If they did make a deal, what could they get for Eddie?

 
At 5/22/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

Yeah, I dunno. I guess I like to have slightly more control over hosting my pictures. Also, I keep telling myself I'm getting the hell off blogger real soon now (I do own marinerds.com after all), but I keep being too lazy to do it. Sigh.

But it was pretty good timing that George was being all goofy at the same time I decided to run back to the Mariners bullpen, heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home