Friday, March 24, 2006

Bad News, WORSE news.

I'm sure by now you've heard about Reed's broken wrist. Hopefully that's the worst news of the day. Hidden from those who don't read blogs is potentially some bad news. I first heard last night from Jason Churchill that George Sherrill is having shoulder issues. Preliminary info from elsid is that it's bursitis. Firm information should become available shortly, especially if it's serious.

I hope and pray that's all it is. It slowed down Felix last year a bit -- long enough to get him some well-needed rest, yet not shut him down entirely for the long-term.

Knock on some wood, stroke a rabbit's foot if you've got one, and avoid black cats and ladders.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. I'm sure the news will break into the mainstream if it does become more serious.

Edit 3/24 8:15 p.m. I spoke with elsid tonight, and the current diagnosis is Bursitis. Sigh of relief! He'll throw tomorrow in the 'pen, according to elsid, and see how he feels. Target return to action is early next week (Monday).

Nothing like having your two favorite players on your favorite team go down at the same time.

4 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Snave said...

I suppose this means we will be seeing a lot of Bloomquist in CF? I will stay positive, and hope instead that we see Borchard and Lawton out there, or that maybe Ichiro will move to CF for a little while.

 
At 3/24/2006 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wille Ballgame, Opening day CF'r.

Thats just not right. I don't think Jamal Strong has re-signed since the M's tendered him.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

 
At 3/24/2006 11:30 PM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Well, with all the love for Willie Bloomin' Dynamite oozing out of Hargrove, I totally expect to see 'im starting the season in CF.

Which makes no sense whatsoever...

Here's what I'd do:
1) Tell Ichiro to take one for the team and move to CF

2) Move Raul to RF

3) Start the season with Borchard in LF, and rotate Lawton in after his 10-day Shick Schadel visit.

4) Send Morse down to T-Town to learn the Willie Boom Boom Dynamite Utility Player role (though, I suppose he can stay up while Lawton serves his suspension).

5) Put Reed on the 60-day DL, and use that 40-man spot for Petagine.

6) Keep "K"arl Everett out of the OF.

7) If Lawton or Borchard just don't work out (or get hurt), call up TJ Bohn to fill in.

8) See if the Gil Meche tape trick works on Hargrove. Duct tape him to his clubhouse office chair, and let Rohn run the team.

 
At 3/26/2006 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm. I havent' been paying much attention so I don't know much about Lawton or Borchard (though I know we just picked up the latter).

But this seems to me the whole point of why we might want Bloomquist on the roster. Reed gets hurt, fine - throw in Bloomboy. He ain't McLemore, and gawd I think we all wish he was, but he's vaguely athletic at least.

Does this make sense? The boy has a roster slot, so let's not call up someone - then we have an outside hope that we can get Petagine in to keep the team afloat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home