Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What the F**K!?! -- 7/6/05

So as not to overshadow a thread by someone other than me on this blog, (Thanks, Corco!) I'm bumping this down a little, in spite of posting it after the M's game.
  • Willie Dynamite hit 3 doubles tonight. (What the F**K?!?)
  • It's July 6th, and the M's are still carrying 12 pitchers on the roster, and that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon (What the F**K!?!)
  • Nate McMillan is leaving the Sonics. I don't know what hurts worse -- that he's going to Portland, or that he's leaving period. Nor do I know who to hate more -- McMillan (traitor) or Walker/Sund/Schultz. Nevertheless, I now re-hate the Sonics (What the F**K!!!!!!)
  • Brill Kreme Krueger had an idea that sounded decent last night. Swap Beltre and Sexson and let Beltre hit cleanup for awhile. It might be a bad idea, since Beltre might then develop Boone's penchant for double plays, but then... (What the F**K???)
  • And, last but certainly not least... We just lost a series to Kansas City. Really. That Kansas City. (What the F**K?!?!?!?!?!?!)

4 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 9:34 AM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

slash or dash on the dates? Make up your mind!

 
At 7/07/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Fixed the slashes.

Technically, Ray Allen can't sign with the Sonics until the 22nd. I'm wondering if he indeed will ink the contract, but I seriously think he and Mac-10 had a conversation about it, and Ray is true to his word that he'll sign.

Indeed my hate is directed much more intensely that direction than upon mere sports figures. Still, I'm angry, even if that emotion is a false, or even baseless, one.

The complaint about Bloomquist is that any time he has a superhero-esque performance, it just reiterates peoples subjective view on him, causing them to look further and further away from the big picture. It becomes a bad thing when the manager also takes that mentality and decides to start him several days in a row, bumping out the opportunities for others more deserving, and in more need for playing time. It also becomes a bad thing in that it makes the team, who has a problem with giving the wrong people big money, more and more willing to give the guy a big pay raise that will end up being another piece of the payroll albatross puzzle. Pay your scrubs like scrubs, and pay your stars like stars. Bloomquist is and always will be a scrub. The minute he makes (or wants to make) anything over 6-figures, he becomes immediately expendible. Think arbitration.

 
At 7/07/2005 1:40 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

citizen K:

Not saying Dave is right or not, but he shot me down and called me wrong when I suggested it on USSM.

 
At 7/07/2005 3:15 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

That's why I just dropped it. I still believe Willie is being showcased, I just didn't see a need to get into a fight I can't win. Had I called him out, I'd've been put into the mod queue. But lets not get into blog-bashing here. That's no fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home