Thursday, May 26, 2005

I've GOT to Learn my Lesson!

It's probably just mere coincidence, but it sure feels like I'm jinxing George Sherrill. Just when he starts to get back on track in Tacoma, after an unjustifiable quick callup and instantaneous demotion, I change the tune of this blog to "Free George Sherrill!" All goes well for a day or two, and then -- wham. He blows his first save, and a muscle in his body for good measure. The Tacoma News Tribune is reporting he'll hang out on the DL for a couple weeks with a strained muscle in his side.

Maybe I should start really rooting for Aaron Sele or Matt Thornton. Or, not, though, because they're still with the M's, and although their suckiness should lead to their demise, I'm a fan of the short-term, too, and want the M's to win as much as possible. Maybe I need to find another guy to cheer for on another team.

Free Raffey Palmeiro!

1 Comments:

At 5/26/2005 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever you do, don't change it to "Free Ryan Anderson"...that would just be to cruel.
actually, i think the best one would be "Free A-Rod" since we don't see Raffy that much anymore, but that's just my personal opinion...although i'm sure alot of M's fans share it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home