Thursday, August 30, 2007

Putz-less in Seattle???

What. The. Heck???

Is there something wrong with JJ Putz that the team isn't letting out?

Rick White is not a major league quality pitcher, let alone one that can be counted on in a high-leverage situation. He proved that with the Vlad Guerrero at-bat. He proved it again tonight with a game-losing bases-loaded walk. There's no way he should've pitched tonight, especially in that situation.

I had high hopes for Johnny Mac. I gave him a break for making his managerial debut in historically unique and challenging circumstances. But now, in the middle of a pennant race, when he's been Lou's sounding board during MANY pennant races, I'm cutting him no more slack.

The only excuse for bringing in White in the situations he was brought in over the last couple games (last night was probably OK -- after the game was well out of hand) is if JJ Putz is injured. Even still, Rick White has proven his value -- it's as the top player on the DFA list, followed by Horacio Ramirez.

I mean John McLaren can't be THAT big of an idiot. Can he???

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/05/2007 1:33 PM, Blogger Kevin Ess said...

I don't know what to say-- I've been defending Mac (at least on the 'don't fire him' front), but I have to admit he's made some decisions that make my head spin.
My initial thought was injury, but I don't think that's it. Is it Bavasi telling Mac to use White instead, perhaps to defend his acquisition in the first place?

Weird stuff, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home