Friday, August 18, 2006

Corco at Cheney!

I'll be in Tacoma tonight at the Rainiers game, Section H Row 4, and...yeah. I'll post a post tomorrow with my thoughts/etc on the game.


UPDATE:

First off, note the fine PositivePaul post before mine, since I'm bumping this one up.


So, Cheney.

After getting lost finding our way back from the Tacoma Mall, we finally arrived at Cheney just in time for the first pitch.

The stadium was incredibly empty, only about 800 people, and the lineup had to have been the least exciting fielded all season, if only because Jeff Clement was the only actual decent prospect in the lineup.

Anyway, after I figured out who the hell was playing, the game got somewhat interesting, but not really.

Nageotte reminded me of Gil Meche circa 2004, just hanging everything and serving up gopherballs. It really is nothing short of a miracle that he only gave up 1 run in those 4 innings.

Atchison looked great, and so did Huber, but its always weird having a #7 on the mound.

We did not stay for the full 14 innings because my parents were bored out of their minds, and I can't blame them. I was saddned by the atmosphere because the fans were really disinterested in the game and by the time we left there were at most 750 people in the stands. It was moderately depressing.

We left at the end of the game, hoping that Clement would do something. We were surprised when Kevin Reynolds was allowed to hit.

The game was fun for me, but boring for my family. I'll be back.

3 Comments:

At 8/18/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger marc w. said...

So... how long did you stay?
Did you grit out all 14 innings?

 
At 8/18/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Yeah, Corco! A write-up is in order here (even if you have to pilfer content from an upcoming post on your other blog)...

But considering you're staying in Wauna right now, I'll give you a pass this time. Having dealt with unreliable Internet on my vacation, I realize how difficult blogging can be without it...

 
At 8/18/2006 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there were more people there than that, but you're right, most didn't stick around till the end. The end just took so long to come... I didn't get back to Oly till 12:34.

What, you didn't find it exciting to see Craig Counsell in his first AAA rehab appearance going 0-6 with a walk? Counsell's aunt and uncle (who live in Tacoma) came down and sat with us (because, well, we're at the visitor's on deck circle) but even THEY didn't gut it out through all 14 innings!

I thought both teams looked a little flat, and quite frankly, they started looking flat in about inning 5 of the 2nd game of the doubleheader the day before.

I missed tonight's game (just the 7th home Rainiers game I've missed all season, and it will be the last). There were Wiener Dog races at Emerald Downs, and, well, that only happens once a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home