Thursday, September 08, 2005

Don't Worry...I'm still Alive

I must say that I fully endorse the new false Identity of MM "Hot Stove League Head Start"

This season is over and that's why I haven't really been posting. I get excited about two things in baseball (in order):

1. Transactions
2. Winning

With that said...Ramon Santiago has been called up! Boy, I suremissed Ramon Santiago. He of overrated defense. Some said that Pokey was a dumb contract because we had his clone in Ramon Santiago. Yeah right. But dude, guy can hit the stitches off the ball, belting 10 Home Runs this year! For what it's worth, our starting shortstops have hit 3 Home Runs this year, all off the bat of Mike Morse. So this MUST be an offensive upgrade, right? Actually...it might be. Except knowing Hargrove...he won't play. At least he'll be better than Valdez.

Of course, this is like Scott Spiezio (circa 2004). Just because he's better than Jeff Cirillo doesn't make him good.

3 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I also get excited about a couple of things related to baseball (although not the same as Corco's two):

1. Felix Hernandez
2. GOTO 1.

;-)

Morse's three homeroids are actually pretty impressive when you consider how many the M's shortstops hit last year. (I guess a guy would actually have to look up that stat to see whether or not it is truly impressive...) I seem to remember Aurilia hitting like two or so, (late in his M's career,) and then maybe Bloomquist hit one? Or something?

I think this will be my new mantra: "Just because he's better than ______* doesn't make him good."

-CK

--------------------

* George Bush
* Janet Reno, John Ashcroft, Alberto Gonzalez, etc.
* Saddam Hussein
* Tom Flores
* Robert Mondavi, winemaker
* Ron Jeremy
* Hernando Cortez
* Spitney Brears
* Miguel Olivo
* Bobby Ayala (mandatory reference)
* Dick Williams, Maury Wills, Bill Plummer, Jim Lefebvre, etc.
* Your ex-boyfriend
* Wesley Willis
* Rich King/Steve Scheffler
* George Bush, Sr.

 
At 9/09/2005 10:49 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

Yay! Other people still DO have authoring access to this blog :-)

It's not looking good for visiting
Cheney on the 16th, Corco!

I think the Rainiers seriously miss their "Ramontiago" hero. They just look at each other, after the losses, and sing "Where in the World is Ramon Santiago?"

I found myself laughing hysterically at every Ramon Santiago home run. I specifically recall one game where he bounced one off the top of the LF fence, and it just as easily could've bounced back into play. His upside is, maybe, Rey Sanchez.

To think he's the remnants of what we got for Guillen gripes me to this day...

Who says you have to wait until October to start the Hot Stove League? Let it begin today, folks!!!!

 
At 9/09/2005 8:35 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

Yeah...these R's need to get their groove together. I've never been to Cheney or AAA baseball before (except AAA Columbus when I was 2), and it sounds like mucho fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home