Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Or Not...

Well, it's obvious to me that the M's have totally given up on salvaging this season. Add into that mix that Hargrove is willing to stretch Felix out to over 120 pitches a game, causing DMZ and a few others to flip out, it's time to officially throw in the towel.

I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. I'm tired of this team being their opponent's Pep Pills. Isn't it nice to know that we can be the stress relief victim for Texas and any other team coming off a bad road trip or a bad losing streak in general? We're now officially the Seattle Mariners Opponents' Stress Relief Chicken:




























Since we can't face Kansas City every series, and can't seem to beat anyone else, I'm done. Done trying to find something positive to concentrate on. Done trying to focus on how this team might actually have some semblence of hope for the future.

Sorry, King Felix, but you're on a sucky team. You're going to have to be more than a king to help this team find success -- you'll have to be its messiah. In my book, there's only one messiah, so it's pretty unlikely that will happen.

Thank goodness the season's almost over. Even were we to completely regenerate a pitching rotation, and add one or two more thundersticks to the lineup, I wouldn't have much hope for next season.

6 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger David J. Corcoran said...

Towel=Thrown in when Franklin got suspended.

 
At 8/27/2005 2:05 AM, Blogger Bloof said...

I'm not as avid of a Mariners fan as you guys, so I threw in the washcloth. This happened to me just before the All Star break.


GO SEAHAWKS!!!

 
At 8/27/2005 3:17 AM, Blogger ADP said...

i was out right after the all star break...

its amazing that the Nationals are identical to us with the low scoring one-run games, yet they win most of theirs while we lose nearly every one...

it really makes me wonder where we would be, had we been in the NL this year...

this team is going as far as Bloomquist' starting jobs...he shouldnt be starting, i dont care if he went 35 for 50 on a stretch, he still shouldnt be starting, and certainly not batting #2

but hes not to blame alone, the team is just unlucky, and mediocre...i still find this team a TAD bit below average...but the unlucky breaks (major injuries, weird plays, bad calls, losing 1 run games, Speizio) hurt them more

im hoping next year will be much more for this team...they automatically got better after releasing Speizio

nice site btw...i noticed you were linked to the 12thseahawksstreet site, where i live at

 
At 8/27/2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Bloof said...

I forgot to say that I love your chicken...

All we have over on 12 Seahawks Street is leg of lamb...

 
At 8/28/2005 1:10 PM, Blogger monkey said...

ALthough I too threw in the towel on my beloved M's long ago, I am looking at this season muhc differently. I was never expecting much from this team in the first place as it is clearly in a revuilding phase. What I AM looking at and for is individual and team growth. And that I see. Sure we lose games that are winnable, but I have also seen good things out of what I thought would be an extremely weak SS position. We have a STUD at 1B and a solid and improving young 3B. We have seen Felix who is about to become the ace of this team show that he is more than just hype. We have seen Boone get his walking papers, (which will help financially down the road). And we have seen that we have a much better than people give him credit for, LF in Ibanez, (When will people fianlly admit that he's a darn good baseball player) and an up and coming CF. Our bullpen has been outstanding most of the season.

I don't know, taken on a case by case basis, and factoring in the knowledge that we will have more money to spend this next offseason, I am actually quite happy. We are rebuilding with good solid players, and will be in the mix again soon.

 
At 8/30/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger PositivePaul said...

I agree, Monkey. Nice thoughts!

The question is whether or not Bavasi is the GM that can help us get over the hump, and lead us in a better direction.

As my latest post says, I believe he is the guy to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home